Google Page Rank
- List your website on popular directories like Yahoo, Dmoz, or CitySearch. Avoid “link farms” that offer little or no value to your link.
- Get your website reviewed by a popular and authoritative review site.. Unpaid reviews are best since they offer value to customers that are not swayed by cash incentives.
- Research other business websites and encourage them to link to your site. Joint ventures are a good way to exchange links and benefit each other’s business as well.
- Join popular online forums and post valuable comments and discussions with links back to your site. This can get others to do the same if they like what they see.
- Publish articles on popular article submission sites with links to your website. Associated Content and EzineArticles are good examples.
- Write “linkbait” articles that will attract the attention of social networks. These articles can be valuable resources, controversial, or humorous. If one of the articles or blog posts on your websites is picked up by the social networks, you not only enjoy a great backlink, but a significant boost of traffic.